Writing around the web
Some of my favorite writing projects that I've worked on!
These are writing projects that I've taken on outside of any sort of external assignment, just for fun. I try to regularly post things like this over on Medium. My favorite topics to write about include music and club culture, technology's impact on day-to-day life, and feminism.
- "Femmes, DJs, Raves: Towards More Inclusive Club Cultures" (Model View Culture, 2015)
- "Dressing for Startup Life" (Medium, 2014)
- "The Sociology of OkCupid" (Medium, 2013, Editor's Picks)
Tech, marketing, and business
Articles written on the job or otherwise about technology, business, and marketing. Articles demarcated as "editor" mean I didn't write the article initially, but was heavily involved in concepting, workshopping, and editing.
- "Bringing Nightmares to Life: The Visual Effects Behind Stranger Things’ Monster" (Formlabs, 2017)
- "7 Days, 700 Pens: Parametric Design for Customized Conference Swag" (editor) (Formlabs, 2017)
- "The Fuse 1 and Form Cell: Putting the Means of Production In Your Hands" (Formlabs, 2017)
- The Digital Factory Podcast, Episodes #1, #2, #3, #4 (editor, producer) (Formlabs, 2017)
- "After the Hype Hangover: What’s Next for 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing?" (editor) (Formlabs, 2017)
- "The Science of Choosing 3D Printing Material Colors" (editor) (Formlabs, 2017)
- "Move Fast Without Breaking Your Content" (Wistia, 2016)
- "Crafting a Social Video Strategy" (Wistia, 2016)
- "Business Video Fundamentals: Email Course" (Wistia, 2016)
- "How Sandwich Video Makes Product Videos with a Human Touch" (Wistia, 2016)
- "Conducting Great Interviews: A Meta Interview with Sarah Green" (Wistia, 2015)
- "The Wistia Guide to Video Metrics" (Wistia, 2014)
- "Product Marketing Without a Product Team" (Moz, 2014)
- "Teaching With Video" (Wistia, 2013)
- "Be Super Human" (Wistia, 2013)
Music reviews and interviews
For about three years, I worked on the side as a senior editor at Earmilk. Here are some highlights from when I was doing more music writing!
- "Production and performance: an interview with Daniel Avery" (Earmilk, 2014)
- "Max Cooper's 'Human' is an album for every feeling" (Earmilk, 2014)
- "Local spirit, big crowds, and sweaty wonder at Movement Detroit" (Earmilk, 2014)
- "Earmilk Interview: John Digweed at Movement" (Earmilk, 2013)
- "Festival Report: Together Boston [Interview + Preview]" (Earmilk, 2013)
- "Earmilk Interview: Samo Sound Boy" (Earmilk, 2013)
- "Earmilk Interview: Monolake at Mutek" (Earmilk, 2012)
- All-Night Party At The MFA Spotlights Underground Feminist DJ Collective Substructure (WBUR, 2016)
- Alyce Currier on Content Strategy for Video and Content Marketing (GatherContent, 2014)
- Content Strategist Alyce Currier from Wistia Talks About her Exciting Job (Web Courses Bangkok, 2014)
- Writing for the Web (Talk for Women's Coding Collective, 2014)
Please direct all hate mail and love letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.